Heineken Vietnam Brewery’s new look implications
Vietnam Brewery Limited (VBL) officially announced its change of business name to Heineken Vietnam Brewery Limited (also known as Heineken Vietnam Brewery) from August 1, 2016. The name change is also accompanied by a new logo which replaces the previous logo used in the Asia Pacific region. Heineken Vietnam Brewery is a joint venture between Saigon Trading Group (Satra, 40%) and Heineken Asia Pacific (60%). The Saigon Times Weekly had a conversation with Leo Evers, managing director of Heineken Vietnam Brewery on this special occasion.
Heineken Vietnam Brewery’s new look - unchanged respective shareholdings of joint venture partners, the organization and management structure
Leo Evers, managing director of Heineken Vietnam Brewery
Q: Could you please tell us what is the main motivation behind the company’s name change and the new logo launch?
- A: The Heineken Vietnam Brewery’s new appearance is made on the basis of conserving and glorifying our proud history, as well as gearing up to the 25th anniversary of our founding and development. With our new appearance, we look forward to continuing our successful joint venture and achieve new successes in the future.
Could you elaborate on the future development orientation of Heineken Vietnam Brewery?
- First and foremost, I would like to affirm that the respective shareholdings of joint venture partners, the organization and management structure will not change following the adoption of the new name and brand identity. Moreover, Heineken Vietnam Brewery will maintain its current production and trading model and keep ownership rights over beer brands including Heineken®, Tiger, Larue, BGI, Bivina, Desperados, Affligem and Strongbow Cider. To put it in the simplest way, with the new appearance, partnership relationships, capital ownership and the development orientation of the company remain unchanged.
At the moment, Heineken Vietnam Brewery is one of the most efficient companies in Vietnam as well as in the Heineken Group. Is the company’s new appearance aimed at better representing its current stature?
- The values that we have built over the past 25 years have created the current stature of Heineken Vietnam Brewery. Apart from honoring our history and looking towards the 25th anniversary of our founding and development, our new presence indicates a strong commitment to continuing providing best-in-class services to our customers, consumers and partners and maintaining the highest standards for excellence in product quality, packaging quality, freshness and sales and distribution performance in the market.
It is reported that the joint venture between Heineken and Satra is one of the first and most fruitful joint venture models. In your opinion, what are the factors leading to this success?
- I believe human resources and culture are the most important factors. The mutual respect and trust between the two partners have laid a foundation for both sides to tap into our strength, creating synergy and accelerating growth. Then the stories of our brands are an integral part of our proud history and achievements. We possess the leading brands that are embraced by Vietnamese consumers. In addition to ensuring the consistent top quality of our products thanks to the state-of-the-art technology and highest standards in quality assurance, we also keep bringing first-class experiences to our customers and consumers.
Together with the new appearance, Heineken Vietnam Brewery is about to celebrate its 25th anniversary. What messages would you like to share with your consumers and stakeholders on this occasion?
- I would like to take this opportunity to extend our sincerest thanks to our valued customers, consumers, business partners and stakeholders who have supported us over the past 25 years. Without your support, we cannot exist and could not have made our company what it is today. We look forward to continuing working together and building on the special relationships we enjoy with you today. We believe that with your support, Heineken Vietnam Brewery will continue to build another outstanding 25 years, with great achievements of a typically sustainable business which makes significant contributions to a better Vietnam.
Reported by Thanh Huyen