0
Saturday,  Oct 21,2017,06:28 (GMT+7)

PNJ looks to go regional

Monday,  Sep 25,2017,09:10 (GMT+7)
Zoom in

Zoom out

Add to Favorites

Print

Send to a friend

PNJ looks to go regional

Phu Nhuan Jewelry Company (PNJ) is the only firm in the local jewelry industry to win two awards, namely ASEAN Outstanding Enterprise of the Year and Top Three Retailers of the Year, from a leading Asian jewelry magazine.

On September 14, Jewelry News Asia (JNA) honored PNJ with the “Outstanding Enterprises of the Year” and “Top 3 Retailers of the Year” titles in Hong Kong for the third consecutive year.

The awards recognize PNJ’s efforts and contributions to the jewelry retail market in the region while affirming its vision to become a leading jewelry retailer in Asia. PNJ also secures the top position in the middle and high-class segments in Vietnam.

According to the organizing committee, the awards apply strict criteria to branding, retail and business growth.

Le Tri Thong, PNJ vice chairman, receives the ASEAN Outstanding Enterprise Award

During 29 years of development, PNJ has made strong effort to win the trust of consumers in Vietnam and Asia. The company conducts regular market surveys and annual reports on its clients, brand recognition and customer satisfaction to understand customer needs, thereby finding solutions to better services.

In Vietnam, PNJ is running the largest jewelry retail system. It has opened nearly 250 stores in many provinces and cities nationwide and expanded to 13 overseas markets. The extensive network plays an important role in promoting PNJ’s revenue growth. Its revenue in the first six months of 2017 was VND5,545 billion, up 41% year-on-year and accounting for 62.5% of the full-year target. Of the figure, retail sales from grew by 45%.

According to research by Vietcombank Securities Company, 80% of the jewelry market in Vietnam was held by small businesses at the end of 2016 and the remaining 20% by large enterprises. PNJ dominates 26.5% of the market segment of large brands and holds 5.3% of the whole market. Besides, PNJ has bright prospects for joining the global gold jewelry market.

On the same day, Forbes Vietnam magazine placed PNJ among the Top 50 Best Listed Companies 2017 for the third consecutive year based on criteria such as double-digit growth in turnover, profit, rate of return and business growth in the period of 2012-2016. PNJ ranked second among retailers selected.

Pham Thi My Hanh, PNJ deputy general director, receives the Top 50 Best Listed Companies 2017 award

According to Forbes Vietnam, the top 50 listed companies account for 60% of the market capitalization on the two stock exchanges in Vietnam, whose combined revenue in 2016 amounted to VND734,822 billion, or nearly US$32.4 billion, up 55% versus the previous year. The total profit reached VND79.4 trillion, rising 49%.

JNA Awards honor companies for their outstanding contributions and achievements in the gemstone and jewelry industry, focusing on trade development in Asia, which is therefore regarded as the Oscar of the jewelry industry. PNJ is proud to be the only Vietnamese enterprise named as winner for three consecutive years. For more information, visit www.pnj.com.vn

 

Share with your friends:             
 

Giấy phép Báo điện tử số: 321/GP-BTTT, cấp ngày 26/10/2007
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Pham Huu Chuong
Managing Editors: Nguyen Van Thang, Huynh Cam Tung
Head Office: 35 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Tel: (84.8) 829 5936; Fax: (84.8) 829 4294.
All rights reserved. Developed by Mat Bao Company.