Vegetables And Fruits That Help
Compiled by the Weekly
Tips on vegetables and fruits that can help detoxify your body
The liver plays an important role in the formation of certain blood proteins and the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Regular intake of the following fruits and vegetables is highly recommended to boost the functioning of the liver:
• Carrot: The substances in carrot can combine with mercury to form a waste matter that can easily be excreted from the body. Intake of carrots can also help accelerate the blood circulation for the digestive system, as well as fight free radicals that give rise to aging and illnesses.
• Garlic: Intake of garlic can help lower the concentration of lead in the body.
• Grape: This fruit can assist the liver, stomach and intestine in discharging wastes from the body. It can also boost the production of blood cells.
• Sung (Ficus glomerata): Found in all the three regions of the country, this fruit has many amino acids that can help detoxify the liver, refresh the body and relieve constipation.
The kidneys’ function is to maintain water and electrolyte balance, regulate acid-base concentration and filter the blood of metabolic wastes.
• Intake of cucumber is therefore good for the urination, as it helps the kidneys discharge wastes, or urine. Cucumber can also detoxify the lungs, stomach and liver.
Peaches are a valuable medicinal herb, which is a diuretic and can help detoxify the body.
Toxicants will be accumulated in the intestine if the digestive system does not work well. These toxicants are very harmful to human health. As a result, intake of the following vegetables and fruits are strongly advised to intensify the detoxification of the digestive system:
• Apple: This is a fruit of choice to detoxify the body and prevent the decomposition of food in the digestive system.
• Honey: Regular intake of honey can help discharge wastes from the body and beautify the skin and hair.
• Taro (Colocasia esculenta): Intake of this tuber can help “clean” the wall of the stomach and intestine, and discharge wastes from these inner organs.
• Seaweed: When in the body, the abundant iodine in seaweed can help discharge substances that may cause inflammations. It can also help regulate the cholesterol level in the blood, lower high blood pressure and prevent the risk of arteriosclerosis.
• Strawberry: The rich vitamins and minerals in this fruit can help clean the stomach and intestine, and strengthen the health of the liver.
• Wood ear mushrooms, also known as cloud ear fungus, have been proved to be able to purify the digestive system.