Friday,  Apr 19, 2019,22:03 (GMT+7) 0 0
Industrial, economic zones draw 445 FDI projects in first half
The Saigon Times Daily
Thursday,  Jul 5, 2018,19:06 (GMT+7)

Industrial, economic zones draw 445 FDI projects in first half

The Saigon Times Daily

HCMC – Foreign direct investment (FDI) enterprises registered to inject nearly US$7 billion in 445 projects in industrial parks and economic zones in the first half of the year, according to a report of the Economic Zone Management Department under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.

Domestic firms invested an additional VND46 trillion in 259 projects during this period, Phap Luat newspaper reported.

However, the capital invested in both FDI and domestic investment projects in the first half went down year-on-year.

Notable projects with large investments in industrial parks and economic zones included the US$1.2-billion polypropylene manufacturing plant in Cai Mep Industrial Zone in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, the Laguna project with an additional fund of US$1.12 billion in Chan May-Lang Co Economic Zone in Thua Thien Hue Province, the US$80-million Ramatex Nam Dinh Textile and Garment plant in Bao Minh Industrial Park in Nam Dinh Province and the US$80-million YKK Ha Nam factory project producing zippers and other materials for the apparel sector in Dong Van III Industrial Zone in Ha Nam Province.

As of June, Vietnam had 325 industrial parks, covering an area of nearly 95,000 hectares. Of these, 231 industrial parks are operational, while site clearance and compensation work are being carried out for 94 others.

Projects have occupied 53% of industrial zones, with the occupancy rate exceeding 73% in active zones.

The report also reveals that Vietnam has 17 coastal economic zones spread across some 845,000 hectares of land and water surface areas.

In addition, 87% of 231 active industrial parks have centralized wastewater treatment systems, and the remaining 13% have pledged to get wastewater treated by enterprises before discharging it into the environment.

Share with your friends:         
 
Business
World
Sport
Travel
 
Publication Permit No. 321/GP-BTTT issued on October 26, 2007
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Pham Huu Chuong
Managing Editor: Nguyen Van Thang.
Assistant Managing Editor: Pham Dinh Dung.
Head Office: 35 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Tel: (84.28) 3829 5936; Fax: (84.28) 3829 4294.
All rights reserved.