30 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Sunday, November 27, 2022

All cross-country expy subprojects to get off ground in 2022

The Saigon Times

Must read

HCMC – The Ministry of Transport is determined to start work on all the 12 subprojects of a big-ticket project to develop the second phase of the North-South Expressway this year, said a transport official.

The ministry had approved the 12 subprojects in phase two and assigned the project management boards of the provinces through which the expressway will pass to serve as investors, according to Bui Quang Thai, head of the ministry’s Transport Construction Investment Management Authority.

As planned by the ministry, all files of the subprojects would be completed prior to October 31 this year. The approval processes of technical designs and cost estimates must be done soon to ensure work on these subprojects can begin in December this year, Lao Dong Online reported.

There are only a few months until the end of the year, while the volume of work remains huge and many challenges lie ahead. Hence, the ministry asked the investors and relevant parties to continue to make efforts to complete their assigned tasks, Thai said.

The ministry urged the completion of the four sections of the North-South Expressway in phase one — Mai Son-National Highway No.45, Cam Lo-La Son, Vinh Hao-Phan Thiet and Phan Thiet-Dau Giay — by the end of this year.

The ministry underlined the importance of completing these four expressway sections. It ordered the relevant units to strive to ensure the progress and quality of the four sections.

By the start of last month, work on these four sections was some 67% complete and 2.5% later than planned due to bad weather and financial woes, according to the Transport Construction Investment Management Authority.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles