25 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Hanoi apartment building fire resulted from motorbike short circuit

The Saigon Times

Must read

HCMC – The fire that claimed 56 lives in a mini apartment building in Hanoi City was attributed to a short circuit in a gasoline-powered scooter on the building’s first floor, according to the Hanoi police.

The Hanoi police today, September 20, announced the cause of the fire, which occurred at Alley 29/70, Khuong Ha Street, Thanh Xuan District.

The fire originated from a short circuit in the electrical wire connected to the battery of a gasoline-powered scooter, which was placed against the wall on the building’s first floor, where hundreds of motorbikes and electric bikes were parked.

Subsequently, the fire rapidly spread to the electrical cables, electric meter boxes on the first-floor walls, and other areas, resulting in a devastating inferno. Remarkably, out of four available fire extinguishers at the scene, three remained unused.

The mini apartment building fire in Hanoi on September 12 had profoundly tragic consequences, with 56 fatalities and 37 injuries.

The police took immediate action, filing charges in the case and detaining Nguyen Quang Minh, the owner of the apartment building, for four months due to violations of fire safety regulations.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles