27 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Saturday, November 26, 2022

HCMC aims to hand over 70% of land for Beltway No. 3 next June

By Minh Hoang

Must read

HCMC – HCMC is set to hand over 70% of land for the Beltway No. 3 project in June next year, allowing work on this major road to get off the ground in the middle of that year as planned.

Beltway No. 3 connects HCMC, Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Long An, with a total length of over 76 kilometers long, of which 47 kilometers will sprawl HCMC’s Thu Duc City and three outlying districts of Cu Chi, Hoc Mon and Binh Chanh.

Thu Duc City and the three outlying districts on October 16 signed an agreement to ensure 70% of land for the project will be handed over next June, while completing the land handover in late 2023.

Speaking at the signing ceremony held by the HCMC government, Vo Trung Truc, deputy director of the municipal Department of Natural Resources and Environment, said the preparation for the beltway project is going smoothly.

In Cu Chi District, of a total of 320 affected households, 302 have seen their land measured, while Binh Chanh District has collected documents of 80% of affected households and measured the land of 98% of all 386 affected families.

Over 97% of affected households in Hoc Mon District have their land measured, while Thu Duc City is seeing a lower rate at 66.7%.

Luong Minh Phuc, director of the HCMC Management Board of Investment and Construction of Traffic Projects, said that as many as 1,802 of the total 1,901 stakes of site clearance had been pushed into the ground in the four localities.

“All the stakes will be set in the ground by October 20,” said Phuc.

The beltway project will be divided into eight components and require VND75.4 trillion in investment.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles