26.2 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Tuesday, June 25, 2024

300 hospitalized in Dong Nai, food poisoning suspected

The Saigon Times

Must read

HCMC – About 300 people in Long Khanh City in the southern province of Dong Nai have been hospitalized after consuming banh mi (Vietnamese  sandwich made with meats, cha lua (pork roll) and pickled or fresh vegetables) from a local shop, the provincial Department of Health said today, May 2.

As of 2:00 p.m., 250 patients had remained at Long Khanh Regional General Hospital. Fifty-two others have been discharged, and two in critical condition have been transferred to higher-level hospitals.

The majority of the patients had symptoms of food poisoning after consuming banh mi purchased from Bang Shop on April 30.

The shop on Tran Quang Dieu Street, Xuan Binh Commune, reportedly sold over 1,100 loaves of banh mi that day.

Authorities ordered this establishment to cease operations until the investigation is complete. Food samples from the shop have been taken for testing.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles