24 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Thursday, September 29, 2022

Bodies of four missing victims in motorboat incident found

The Saigon Times

Must read

HCMC – The body of a three-year-old boy, who went missing after a motorboat capsized offshore Cua Dai Beach in Quang Nam Province on February 26, was found this afternoon, February 28, while the bodies of three other missing victims had been found earlier.

Thus, the number of deaths in the incident rose to 17, the local media reported.

Major Bui Tan Hai, deputy director of the Police Division of Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province, said the body of the three-year-old boy, who resided in Hanoi, was found amid rocks of a hotel’s embankment at about 2:10 p.m.

In the evening of February 27, the body of a three-year-old girl was found in a technical box of the motorboat after the rescue forces had looked into the motorboat for several times, said Hoi An Chairman Nguyen Van Son.

On the morning of the day, the rescuers found the bodies of the first two missing victims.

On February 26, the motorboat of Phuong Dong Travel Company overturned while en route from Cu Lao Cham Island to Hoi An City and was about three kilometers away from the Cua Dai Seaport in Hoi An. The 39 people on board included 36 tourists and three crew members.

Among the 17 deaths, eight in Dong Anh District, Hanoi City are relatives and in-laws.

Dong Anh Chairman Nguyen Xuan Linh said 14 members in three families traveled to Hoi An and faced the incident but only six were saved.

Some of the bodies of the victims would be cremated in Quang Nam and the ashes would be transported to their hometowns.

Meanwhile, the bodies of four victims in HCMC were transported to the city today. Eight people in an alley in HCMC’s Go Vap District took a tour to Hoi An and faced the incident and four of them died.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest articles