28 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Monday, October 18, 2021

Hanoi might extend social distancing after Sept 6

Must read

HCMC – As the number of new Covid-19 infections is rising, Hanoi City might extend social distancing under the prime minister’s Directive 16 for at least seven more days after September 6, said Deputy Director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control Khong Minh Tuan.

Over the past few days, Hanoi City reported over 100 Covid infections each day, with several detected through community screening.

This morning, September 1, the city detected 30 more suspected Covid-19 cases in quarantine centers and areas under lockdown.

Given the Covid situation, the easing of the shelter-in-place order after September 6 will be very unlikely, said Tuan.

The city is monitoring seven complicated infection clusters, in which over 620 cases had been detected as of August 31. The cluster in Thanh Xuan Trung Ward in Thanh Xuan District reported the highest number of Covid cases, according to the municipal Department of Health.

To prevent new outbreaks in the city, Tuan advised residents to strictly follow Covid-19 safety measures and stay at home during the upcoming National Day holiday on September 2 to prevent the spread of the disease.

Hanoi City has reported over 3,500 Covid cases in the ongoing fourth wave of the pandemic, which began in late April, the local media reported.

As scheduled, the city would end the third phase of social distancing under Directive 16 on September 6.

spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Latest articles