HCMC – A fire erupted at an 800-square-meter bar in HCMC’s District 1 this morning, October 17, creating a giant column of black smoke.
When the fire was found at District K Bar on Thu Khoa Huan Street in Ben Thanh Ward at 9:30 a.m., residents tried to put out the blaze, but in vain. The fire rapidly engulfed the facility due to inflammable items inside.
After being notified of the blaze, firefighters and a dozen fire trucks were dispatched to the scene for firefighting and rescue efforts. The blaze was brought under control at 10:30 a.m.
The bar, just 50 meters from the landmark Ben Thanh Market, caught fire while it was closed. No casualties were reported this morning.