HCMC – Smoke from a fire engulfed the eighth floor of the A25 Hotel in HCMC’s District 1 this afternoon, February 28, with no casualties reported.
At around 2 p.m. in the day, a fire was believed to have started in a laundry room on the eighth floor of the hotel, which is located on De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward. The fire forced three women staying on this floor to grasp soaked towels to cover their noses and rush to the balcony to cry for help.
Dozens of others on the lower floors ran out of the hotel, reported the local media.
Nine fire engines were sent to the scene of the incident. Firefighters used two ladder fire trucks to approach the three women trapped inside. They managed to rescue the victims and take them down to the ground safely.
The fire was put under control some 30 minutes later. No one was injured, but many properties were destroyed.
The police are determining the cause of the fire.